Processed products & animal feed
The Organic Products Control and Certification system (EU) 2018/848 includes and certifies companies that manufacture:
- Processed agricultural products for use as food
- Animal feed
- Yeast for use in food preparation or as animal feed
The system includes companies that package, repackage, standardize or label organic products either on their own behalf or on behalf of third parties, trade packaged or non-packaged products within the EU or in Third Countries, and import products from Third Countries.
In addition, mass catering companies, e.g. restaurants and canteens, that prepare organic food for the final consumer cannot be certified.
Processed organic food and feed are produced using organic agricultural ingredients. This is done by limiting the use of food additives and excluding food containing or consisting of technologically processed nanomaterials or genetically modified organisms.
If you wish to be active in the production of organic products, follow the steps below:
- Submit to BIOHELLAS a relevant application for inclusion in the Organic Products Control and Certification System. You can receive the application as well as the other membership forms by post or alternatively they will be sent to you by e-mail upon your request. The relevant application for inclusion, among other things, should include a description of the unit and the commitments derived from national and community legislation.
- At the same time, you will be informed about the cost of certification and about the Regulation of Certification Services posted on our site.
- Along with the membership documents, send the contract, completed and signed in two copies.
- Make the necessary notifications to the competent authorities, as provided for by national legislation.